Creamy Carrot Sauce Pasta
Prep time: 10 minutes
A creamy, luscious, delicious and dairy-free carrot sauce pasta!
An ode to the carrot with this carrot on carrot creation. I love the creative styling of my dish by Lanalou Style who brought my little carrot inspiration to life.
Carrots are a great source of Vitamins A, K and C plus they contain potassium, calcium and iron as well. They're packed with antioxidants and are rich in beta carotene.
Let’s cook ☺
1 bunch of carrots (keep the tops for pesto)
1 cup of plant based milk (I used oat milk)
1/2 an onion, roughly chopped
1/2 cup raw unsalted cashew nuts, soaked in boiling water for 15-30 minutes
1 garlic clove, grated
Pasta of choice
Dollop of carrot top pesto
1. Soak the cashew nuts.
2. Heat a pan with olive oil, add onions and garlic. Season with sea salt and rainbow pepper. Cook for a few minutes until fragrant.
3. Thoroughly wash the carrots and then steam them whole for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
4. In a bowl combine the olive oil, sage, thyme, sea salt and rainbow pepper together. Mix the carrots in with the olive oil and spices making sure they are well coated. Roast or air-fry the carrots - works really well to do a quick air-fry to save time on 200C for 10 minutes). They're also so delicious just like this too!
5. In a blender, combine the carrots, plant milk, soaked and drained cashews, cook onion and garlic mix. Blend until smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust as necessary, add more plant milk or a glug of olive oil if the sauce is too thick, season with more sea salt and rainbow pepper if desired. I am a massive fan of lemon juice, so I like adding some freshness but adjust to your personal preference.
6. Serve hot with your favourite pasta and a dollop of my carrot top pesto. Enjoy!
Recipe by Mira Weiner
Styling and photography by Lana Kenney